Your mission as a DevOps Engineer is to facilitate the interaction between development and operations by deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate must also have experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large cloud-based solutions. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of cloud-based technologies (such as AWS and GCP) and application environments (Postgres, SQL and No-SQL), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS and GCP cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience administrating version control systems such as GIT.
- Linux system, POSIX/BSD and GNU commands, streams, Unix philosophy.
- Bash scripting. File manipulation, metadata, regex, automation and parallelism.
- General aspects of network protocols and applications at all OSI levels, including aspects of encryption, authentication, knowledge of what is SSH, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS.
- Standards for configuration and messaging/communication (JSON, YAML, INI, XML).
- Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Kibana).
- Experience with application deployment and management using Docker.
Desired Skills (Not essential but nice to have):
- Strong OO Programming skills (Java, Python).
- Basic DB administration experience (Postgres, MongoDB).
- Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Fair compensation package
- Dental plan
- Life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexible schedule
- No dressing code